We are constantly looking for ways to improve our links with parents/carers and keep everyone up-to-date and well informed. As sending written information home is sometimes unreliable; the school has implemented Schoolgateway which is a school communication system.
This enables you to receive all your communications from school quickly and reliably. We can send letters by email to your inbox and short messages directly to your mobile phone as a text message. Should you require further information or would like to opt in for this service, please contact the academy using the details below.
Download the APP to your phone to ensure you are getting all key information from school.
Reporting to Parents
Parents receive a termly report detailing their child’s progress, attainment and attitude to learning in each of their subjects.
These are normally sent out in November, April and July.
Year 11 students will receive their Mock Examination Results and Predicted Grades following the examinations in October and March.
Parents are also invited to attend Parents Evenings once a year to meet subject teachers and discuss their child’s progress.
- Year 11 Thursday 15 October 2020
- Year 10 Thursday 21 January 2021
- Year 9 Thursday 4 February 2021
- Year 8X Thursday 25 February 2021
- Year 8Y Thursday 4 March 2021
- Year 7Y Thursday 11 March 2021
- Year 7X Thursday 25 March 2021
Parents and students are invited to attend the following meetings which offer support at key points during the year:
- Year 7 Settling In Meeting – Thursday 17 September 2020.
- Making the most of Year 11 – Thursday 1 October 2020
- Careers and Sixth Form Fayre – Tuesday 3 November 2020
- Year 9 Options Evening – Thursday 26 November 2020
- Year 11 Support your child through their final exams – Thursday 18March 2021
- Year 10 Preparing for Mock Examinations – Thursday 29 April 2021
Year 5 & Year 6 Students
We are pleased to once again be able to offer Year 5 and Year 6 students a series of free monthly workshops to be held at Long Field Academy on Wednesdays from 4pm – 5.15pm. These workshops are very popular and provide children with the opportunity to get to know Long Field, whilst learning and meeting students from other local primary schools. This, of course, benefits them greatly in their preparations for the transition from primary to secondary education.
Please see below a list of the dates and subjects. We will email further details about each workshop as each date approaches, both to primary schools and directly to you, if you register with us via the email address below.
- Wednesday 16th September – English
- Wednesday 14th October – Science
- Wednesday 11th November – Modern Foreign Languages
- Wednesday 20th January – Computing
- Wednesday 24th February – Maths
- Wednesday 24th March – Social Sciences
- Wednesday 28th April – PE
- Wednesday 12th May – Creative Arts
- Wednesday 23rd June – D&T
We hope you will encourage your child to attend these workshops and should you have any questions please feel free to contact me on 01664 561234.
If you wish to register your child for one or all of the workshops then please contact the academy by phone or email: email@example.com
We also have our open events on Saturday 5th September 10am – 12 Noon and Thursday 10th September 6pm – 8pm if you would like to come along please come to Reception on arrival.