Long Field is committed to identifying and providing for the needs of all students. Every teacher is a teacher of every child or young person including those with SEND; and all staff are trained in and adhere to our model of good practice.
Students are recognised as individuals, with abilities and development needs which will vary across the curriculum. Staff are able to identify individual development requirements, and to provide lessons and activities which ensure progress at all levels of ability.
Below you will find our Local Offer which:
- clarifies who is responsible for services for SEND children and young people
- gives you the information you need to ensure your SEND child can thrive
As well as having school based support in place (Attendance Officer, Counsellor, Welfare Officer), the school aims to work in partnership with other agencies in order to provide an integrated support based on the needs of the student including:
- The Educational Psychologist
- The Child and Mental Health Services (CAMHS) support
- The Attendance Officer
- Speech and Language Service
- Occupational Therapy